Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ick Day

SO my day started when my mother woke me up at o dark thirty, due to extreme abdominal pain... off to the hospital she went.

I got ready for school and made it in. I had a really mice talk with the sub across the hall about being dual licensed. I looked more at the texts today for the first 2 regular English classes. I don't know if I like them.... they are a Bedford anthology that focuses not just on texts and types of lit. but also on writing process and practice. This made the flow odd and weird - some authors/ texts are stressed and many predominate authors have no representation other than photos and one line quotes. I think that the writing aspects of the book make no sense and are no used or read as supplemental material at all!

If you have to use a text book an anthology is the best way to go - they don't need to be extremely current most of the time which saves money and it allows the teacher to diversify texts easier without requiring an abundance of resources.

Then a boy threw up..... everywhere!

Ick

Ick

Ick

!!!!

I have no summation of this day - my mind is wiped. I have a class to go to and I am very exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gina-
    I appreciate your commentary on the anthologies. I'm interested in how the clinical observations are going. What are you learning about practice, students, curriculum, etc? These are the types of topics you should be focusing on for your blog in this class. I hope it's going well.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete