Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Reflection pt 1

I observed 4 classes taught by the same instructor: 2 regular English I classes and 2 senior AP English classes. I found this teacher frustratingly bipolar in his teaching style, looking at the whole of his teaching he is a very 'one size fits all,' but he also is very aware that many students that have learning disabilities or are on a lower reading level have different goals. He is very protective of his students and pushes them to preform better. I found that many of his insights, both reflective and concrete, to be infinitely helpful to me both in my course work and in my thinking for the future.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your commentary Gina...I'm interested to hear specifics though. What specifically makes this instructor "bi-polar", and what have you seen that you will take with you from this experience?

    ReplyDelete