Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Trailer Repair

Although a new truck and trailer would be the stuff of dreams, I believe I am stuck with what I have for at least the next two years.  This being so I am going to start working on repairing the buts and pieces of my trailer my self.

This is going to be a complete and on going list of the repairs and upgrades that are needed as they happen in real time.  If anyone out there is reading this I would LOVE any advice, tips, or improvement ideas.  I have created two lists describing the necessity of each thing and rough time line where jobs are put into phases.  My goal is to do a phase per month and have the whole thing done before November when time and weather will make it harder to complete.

Need:
- New tires
- Fix Lock on 2nd window

Want:
- Gut Dressing Room
- Repaint Dressing Room

Luxury:
- Move Rear Tack Pieces into Dressing Room.
- Stud wall divider
- Walk Through Tack Door

Phase One:

1) Strip all internal pieces out of trailer - dividers, tack, ect.
2) Power Wash interior and exterior
4) Repaint

Phase Two:

1) Fix Window
2) Repaint Metal Interior Pieces
3) Replace Door Hardware

Phase Three:

1) Gut Dressing Room
2) Paint
3) Redecorate
4) Walk through Door


I will post images and up date this as I go.


On the horse front - shoes are back on and he is SOUND!!  I had a GREAT ride and lunged him 2x and he has been a super star!

No comments:

Post a Comment